SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions seek to enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architects, engineering, design, surveying etc.), and students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program built around Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we intend to let professionals and students around the world become passionate and skilled in Autodesk AutoCAD.
We are currently undergoing a restructuring and expansion programme in order to tap opportunities that are available in the targeted sectors. Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result-oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization.
Windows Desktop Application Developers
We are looking for a Windows Desktop Application developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse windows operating system. Your primary focus will be the development of desktop applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Work as a member of an agile development team comprising software developers, certification and quality assurance, and technical writers to develop and upgrade products.
- Conceptualizing and building fully functional windows applications.
- Involvement in the full lifecycle of software development using agile software development methodologies.
- The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET C#, REST or Soap Services, Web APIs, MongoDB (or SQL) and experience implementing object oriented solutions for desktop and web based deployment.
- Designing, implementing, enhancing or maintaining functionality for Smart Construction desktop and mobile applications. These applications integrate engineering design, procurement, master schedule, and documents for cutting-edge optimization of large-scale petrochemical, nuclear, and marine construction projects with plan and progress analysis.
- Requirements gathering and support to customers.
- The Senior Developer will work closely with the development team and business analysts to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex portfolio management system.
- The job will include design and development of advanced reporting capabilities in the SPT applications while also addressing complicated scalability requirements.
- This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
Competencies and Skills
- Creative design skills
- 4+ years’ experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- 4+ years developing with C#, .Net
- 4+ years developing web services – preferably REST services
- 4+ years programming to SQL databases
- Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of .Net and Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a plus
- Understanding of agile software development methodology (scrum)
- Working knowledge of Xamarin, Android or iOS development is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
Education / Qualification
- B.Sc. or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of frontend web development
- Enthusiastic about meeting deadlines, maintenance, support & performance optimization.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal. Especially, ability to communicate with a non-technical team.
Apply by January 31, 2019