(If you were to ask a good trainer to show you how to use Autodesk AutoCAD software, he would run the software, click on a tool in the software and then carry out a task using that tool. He would then ask you to try a similar task with that tool. He would repeat these procedures until you are able to use all the tools and commands of AutoCAD. In between, the good trainer would demonstrate for you some projects carried out using a combination of such tools in AutoCAD).
Now, imagine a software program that does all that (and much more) for you!
This is what DemosCAD (a.k.a. Demos ‘AutoCAD’) does. It is a software program that, among other capabilities, lets current and prospective users of Autodesk products become instantly productive with Autodesk AutoCAD software by demonstrating each and every tool of AutoCAD within an environment similar to that of AutoCAD. It is thus an AutoCAD version that equips AutoCAD users with skills on how to use Autodesk AutoCAD software.
Salient features of DemosCAD are:
- The Interface of DemosCAD resembles that of Autodesk AutoCAD software. This lets users learn how to work with the tools of AutoCAD without struggling to locate them in Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- When you click on any command tool in DemosCAD, it instantly demonstrates how to carry out a task with that tool in Autodesk AutoCAD software. Where there are more functions for a particular tool, DemosCAD provides various ways of using that tool in Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- The integrated sample tutorials in DemosCAD lets users learn how to carry out design tasks using multiple AutoCAD commands. These include drafting, documentation, 3-D modeling and animation tasks that AutoCAD is known for.
- Each of the tools in DemosCAD contains a project file that is linked to Autodesk AutoCAD software so users may try out similar tasks with AutoCAD software. Through such exercises, users are able get more skilled in AutoCAD software.
- The current release of DemosCAD has introductory features for latest versions of AutoCAD; AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015, and AutoCAD 2016. This is to let AutoCAD users who are on latest versions of the software benefit from DemosCAD. Furthermore, even those who are on previous releases of AutoCAD will find DemosCAD very helpful in their work.
- DemosCAD also introduces users to other Industry-specific products from Autodesk. These include AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Architecture, Autodesk Civil 3D, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD Map, etc. This is to let users understand how those products work with AutoCAD so they can make informed decisions that are appropriate to their needs.
- Through DemosCAD, users may link up with Autodesk Authorized Re sellers and Trainers should they wish to acquire Autodesk products or need assistance from an Autodesk resource.
- DemosCAD provides a gallery of fascinating work created with AutoCAD and other Autodesk products in order to inspire users to optimize in their use of the software solution.
- The AutoCAD User Guide- a publication from Autodesk that contains information about using AutoCAD software- has also been integrated in DemosCAD to help users acquire additional skills and knowledge in the use of AutoCAD software.
- The auto-complete commands feature in DemosCAD lets users easily search for any AutoCAD command by just typing in the command line to learn how that command is used in Autodesk AutoCAD software. This saves on time.