DemosCAD MAP is a skill-based DEMONSTRATION application that helps users to master all the tools and commands in AutoCAD MAP 3D software products. It’s built around Autodesk AutoCAD MAP 3D Software, with Demonstration Videos and text Overview Explanation in form of pdf for easy understanding of each tool & command. It also comes with project based Visual Resources for Comprehensive understanding by the user. Not only will DemosCAD Map act as your personal trainer, but also as a reference application for easy use of your AutoCAD Map 3D Software. Thus it can be used by every AutoCAD Map user right from Beginners to Professionals.
Steps to easily maneuver around the DemosCAD Map 3D application:
- Where only one tool option is provided, clicking on the tool once instantly opens a demo on how to use the tool in AutoCAD Map 3D software e.g. Connect.
- Double-clicking on the tool opens a window where you can get more information about the tool. You will also be able to find various ways that you can use to carry out a task with the tool. A user can print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD Map 3D software.
- Right-clicking the tool opens a project file in AutoCAD Map 3D software to let the user try out similar tasks using AutoCAD Map 3D software. The project file is the same as the one used in the demo but it is a read-only file. (NB- To open the project file, you will need to have AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 or later versions installed in your Computer).
- On clicking a tool, a dialog box appears containing three options. Demonstration video on how to use the tool. Overview which gives a brief description of the tool. Project file which launches AutoCAD map 3d for the user to practice the demonstration tutorial.
- Demonstration Tab that contains various methods of using the tool in AutoCAD Map 3D software. You can select the options that you want to view.
- Procedures Tab that contains various methods for carrying out various tasks with the tool. You may print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD Map 3D software.
- Project Files Tab that links you to dwg files that were used for the demos in SkyTOP DemosCAD Map software. These AutoCAD Map 3D files have similar settings as the files used in SkyTOP DemosCAD Map software and let you try similar tasks using AutoCAD Map 3D software. Because they are read-only files, you cannot save any changes you make to them.
- If you are using any AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 or later releases, you will be able to learn about new features that have been added in those releases. Through the What’s New tab in the Applications Window, you will learn about the new features in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012, AutoCAD Map 3D 2013, AutoCAD Map 3D 2014, AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 and AutoCAD MAP 3D 2016. This will ensure that you are up to task with any of these releases.
- SkyTOP DemosCAD Map can also be used by instructors and trainers for teaching purposes. Trainers and instructors at college level may use the Demos and Simulations Tab in DemosCAD Map to demonstrate to their students how things work in the real world. For example, instructors in survey workshop can use the inbuilt Demos to show how a topographical map is drawn.
1. Who uses AutoCAD Map 3D?
It is a model-based GIS and mapping software. Use AutoCAD® Map 3D software to get broad access to CAD and GIS data to support planning, design, and data management. AutoCAD Map 3D software provides access to GIS and mapping data to support planning, design, and data management. Intelligent models and CAD tools help you to apply regional and discipline-specific standards. Integration of GIS data helps to improve quality, productivity, and asset management.
1. Who uses AutoCAD Map 3D?
All those in the Geospatial field, ranging from students to Professionals can take advantage of features and solutions offered by AutoCAD Map 3D to design and better communicate with other Engineers.