Steps to easily maneuver around the DemosBIM Manufacturing application:
- Where only one tool option is provided, clicking on the tool once instantly opens a demo on how to use the tool in AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software
- Double-clicking on the tool opens a window where you can get more information about the tool. You will also be able to find various ways that you can use to carry out a task with the tool. A user can print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software.
- Right-clicking the tool opens a project file in AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software to let the user try out similar tasks using AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software. The project file is the same as the one used in the demo but it is a read-only file. (NB- To open the project file, you will need to have AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing 2012 or later versions installed in your Computer).
- On clicking a tool, a dialog box appears containing three options. Demonstration video on how to use the tool. Overview which gives a brief description of the tool. Project file which launches AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing for the user to practice the demonstration tutorial.
- Demonstration Tab that contains various methods of using the tool in AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software. You can select the options that you want to view.
- Procedures Tab that contains various methods for carrying out various tasks with the tool. You may print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software.
- Project Files Tab that links you to dwg files that were used for the demos in SkyTOP DemosBIM Manufacturing software. These AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing files have similar settings as the files used in SkyTOP DemosBIM Manufacturing software and let you try similar tasks using AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing software. Because they are read-only files, you cannot save any changes you make to them.
- If you are using any AutoCAD BIM Manufacturing 2012 or later releases, you will be able to learn about new features that have been added in those releases. Through the What’s New tab in the Applications Window, you will learn about the new features in AutoCAD BIM 2012, AutoCAD BIM 2013, AutoCAD BIM 2014, AutoCAD BIM 2015 and AutoCAD BIM 2016. This will ensure that you are up to task with any of these releases.
- SkyTOP DemosBIM Manufacturing can also be used by instructors and trainers for teaching purposes. Trainers and instructors at college level may use the Demos and Simulations Tab in DemosBIM Manufacturing to demonstrate to their students how things work in the real world. For example, instructors in survey workshop can use the inbuilt Demos to show how a topographical map is drawn.
1. What is BIM architecture?
BIM4M2 is a working group consisting of people and organizations concerned with BIM for manufacturers (the organizations) and manufacturing (the process). Developed to support the work of the BIM Task group, BIM4M2 was formed by the Construction Products Association (CPA), but is separate to and independent from it