We are looking for a Windows Desktop Application developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse windows operating system. Your primary focus will be the development of desktop applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Work as a member of an agile development team comprising software developers, certification and quality assurance, and technical writers to develop and upgrade products.
- Conceptualizing and building fully functional windows applications.
- Involvement in the full lifecycle of software development using agile software development, methodologies including requirements analysis.
- The candidate should have strong object oriented design and programming skills using Windows .NET C#, REST or Soap Services, Web APIs, MongoDB (or SQL) and experience implementing object oriented solutions for desktop and web based deployment.
- Designing, implementing, enhancing or maintaining functionality for Smart Construction desktop and mobile applications. These applications integrate engineering design, procurement, master schedule, and documents for cutting-edge optimization of large-scale petrochemical, nuclear, and marine construction projects with plan and progress analysis.
- Requirements gathering and support to customers.
- The Senior Developer will work closely with the development team and business analysts to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes for a large and complex portfolio management system.
- The job will include design and development of advanced reporting capabilities in the SPT applications while also addressing complicated scalability requirements.
- This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
Competencies and Skills
- Creative design skills
- 4+ years’ experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- 4+ years developing with C#, .Net
- 4+ years developing web services – preferably REST services
- 4+ years programming to SQL databases
- Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of .Net and Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a plus
- Understanding of agile software development methodology (scrum)
- Working knowledge of Xamarin, Android or iOS development is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
Education / Qualification
- Sc or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of front end web development
- Enthusiastic about meeting deadlines, maintenance, support & performance optimization.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal. Especially, ability to communicate with a non-technical team.
- Expert level