SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is looking for a talented Technical Writer to join our Technical support and development Team. In this role, you will work directly with subject matter experts to drive the development of internal facing content including implementation guides, website content, training materials, and other technical documentation. You will also help improve processes for content development and delivery, and work to ensure consistency and standardization across all materials.
The ideal candidate will be a driven, independent, extremely resourceful and versatile Technical Writer looking to jump into a fast-paced organization where you can immediately contribute to our business growth. Your style is team-oriented and you will have no problem working independently.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of DemosCAD and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Prepare technical content on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, and marketing specifications.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Develop a framework for creating and updating help content and user guides
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Assist the marketing liaison in editing information to be posted online
- Ability to meet set deadlines
- Ability to produce and deliver quality work
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor of Arts in Technical Writing or a related field, such as journalism, English, communications.
- A minimum of five years in a technical writing role, producing both internal and public-facing content on various technical subject matter areas
- Basic understanding of networking, software development, and different programming languages
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical subject matter experts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience writing technical white papers and end user documentation (online and printed format) that comply with company standards and appropriate for the intended audience
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the following citation styles (APA, MLA and Chicago/Turabian)
- Ability to effectively prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines